CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby rides for the week beginning Sunday 25th February 2018
view in browser
- The next Tuesday night slide show will be on 6th March at 2000hrs at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street Coventry with a show by John Allsop about his cycling tour this year, entitled "Journey across India".
- Full lists of our Sunday and Tuesday rides can be downloaded from our website
Coventry Sunday 25th February
Rides meet at the Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774).
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride will be led by John Callinan (email@example.com) to Hoar Park Craft Village (SP 271 924) and back to Memorial Park.
- Anyone fancying a slightly faster morning ride is very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after the coffee break. There are usually a few people riding to coffee only, so you can be sure of some company on the return journey.
- There will be a longer ride led by Simon Clarke (077 1386 4427) to:
- Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) for coffee after 13-miles, to
- Alcester, Venue Express (SP 090 575) for lunch after 26-miles and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 55-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps
View the route in BikeHike - includes download facility.
Coventry Tuesday 27th February
Meeting point: Stoneleigh Park (SP 326 714) at 1045hrs.
Rugby Wednesday 28th February
- The ride will meet at 0930hrs at Newbold Church (SP 487 772), riding to
- Caffe Crema, near Claybrooke Parva (SP 484 874) for coffee and
- Withybrook for lunch.
Please contact Bob Caldwell (0132 7704694) for more details.
Links to other local clubs
- BikeRight! are recruiting and training cycling instructors for Warwickshire. They are running four day courses in Birmingham in March or August and are offering a large discount on the cost of the course to Cycling UK members. Please get in touch with Tom Holness here
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every
Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker.
- The bike workshop at the Peace House has been helping the Coventry community for years, and seen many bikes come and go.
- Donations of bikes are received, refurbished with second-hand and new parts, then sold as cheaply as possible.
- People are taught to fix their own bikes and learn valuable skills.
- The aim is to get people cycling on good, safe bikes.
- The Peace house is currently open every Tuesday: for the morning, afternoon and evening.