CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby Rides for the week beginning Sunday 1st May 2016
- 2016 is a year for Triennial 100-mile Veterans Rides. These are a bunch of 100-mile rides for the over 50's run by local CTC Groups and co-ordinated by Headquarters. CTC Coventry are again organising one of the rides, using our favourite route starting and finishing at Binley Woods Village Hall, with refreshment stops at Warmington, Little Wolford and Wellesbourne.
Although 100-miles may seem a little daunting, it has always proved to be a most enjoyable ride and I urge you to register for the ride.
Our Tri-vets ride will be held on 5th June 2016, pre-ride tea and coffee will be available with groups leaving between 0745hrs and 0815hrs. The expected finish time is between 1800-1900hrs and the cost of the ride is £15, which covers coffee and cake at Warmington, lunch at Little Wolford and hire of the Village Hall. In order to take part in the ride it is essential to register for the ride as we have to pre-order the catering.
View the TriVets route with Open Street Maps
View the TriVets route in BikeHike
CTC Coventry Sunday Ride 1st May
Rides leave War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
View the weather forecast
- Ann Thomas (024 7669 2792, 079 8015 9046) will lead a "Bluebell Surprise" easy paced ride out and back to Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Paul Whitehead (077 4781 3378) to:
- Draycote Water (SP 453 815) for coffee at 17-miles,
- Wardington, Hare and Hounds (SP 491 469) for lunch at 37-miles,
- Hunningham, Hill Top Farm Café (SP 276 671) for tea at 62-miles and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park at 71-miles.
- If anyone wants a shorter ride at a faster pace, they are very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after coffee. There is usually someone going home after coffee, so you can be sure of company and help with navigation if needed.
CTC Rugby Sunday Ride 1st May
Ride meets at Clifton Church (SP 531 764) at 0930.
- Coffee at Countesthorpe Garden Centre (SP 589 959) where the route for the rest of the ride will be decided.
Please contact Avril Eyre (01788 573322), or Bob Hastings (01788 890657) for more details.
CTC Coventry Tuesday Ride 3rd May
Ride meets at Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs going to Wootton Wawen, The Cowshed (SP 158 631) for lunch and
- Return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group for home when convenient.
CTC Rugby Wednesday Ride 4th May
Ride meets at Sawbridge (SP 504 660) at 0930.
Please contact Terry L. (01788 811156) for more details.
Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs Get full details of the ride here
If you no longer wish to receive this message, please reply to this e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject.