CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby rides for the week beginning Sunday 19th November 2017
view in browser
- The next Tuesday night slide show will be on Tuesday 21st November at 2000hrs at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street Coventry with a show by Peter Milton entitled "Cycling along the Danube", describing his cycle tour from The Black Forest to Budapest.
View the programme of the season's slide shows.
CTC Coventry's Christmas lunch will be held at 1630hrs on Sunday 17th December at Time for Tea, Kenilworth. Please book your place with Dave Hearn at Dave@MargaretHearn.plus.com or by phoning 02476670048.
Another fun video by Paul Whitehead of the spring tour to Normandy can be viewed by clicking here.
- Full lists of our Sunday and Tuesday rides can be downloaded from our website
Coventry Sunday 19th November
Rides meet at the Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride less than 30-miles long will be led by John Callinan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) and back to Memorial Park.
- Anyone fancying a slightly faster morning ride is very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after the coffee break. There are usually a few people riding to coffee only, so you can be sure of some company on the return journey.
- A longer ride will be led by George Riches (024 7645 2437, 077 4986 7516) to:
- Lutterworth, Waitrose (SP 546 848) for coffee after 21-miles and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after total of 42-miles.
Coventry Tuesday 21st November
Meeting point: Knowle, Wyndley Garden Centre (SP 183 758) at 1045hrs.
Rugby Wednesday 22nd November
- The ride will leave at 0930hrs from Newbold Church (SP 487 772)
- Elevenses at Ullesthorpe, Palmers Garden Centre (SP 518 869) and
- Lunch at Peatling Parva, The Shires Inn (SP 589 894).
Please contact Graham & Sandra Bevan (01788 814597) for more details.
Links to other local clubs
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every
Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker.
- The bike workshop at the Peace House has been helping the Coventry community for years, and seen many bikes come and go.
- Donations of bikes are received, refurbished with second-hand and new parts, then sold as cheaply as possible.
- People are taught to fix their own bikes and learn valuable skills.
- The aim is to get people cycling on good, safe bikes.
- The Peace house is currently open every Tuesday: for the morning, afternoon and evening.