CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby rides for the week beginning Sunday 23rd April 2017
view in browser
- Big Bike Picnic and Meet the West Midland Mayoral Candidates. Campaigners have been busy getting every candidate for West Midlands Mayor to endorse the West Midlands Cycling Charter and to back the spending of at least £10 per head per annum on cycling. This is a chance to show public support for better cycling infrastructure. Cannon Hill Park Birmingham, 13.30 Sat 22nd April.
Pushbikes, the Birmingham Cycling Campaign, and others will gather in Victoria Square at 12.30 to ride to the park.
Coventry Sunday 23rd April
Rides leave War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride up to 30-miles long will be led by John Callinan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) and back to Memorial Park.
- Anyone fancying a slightly faster morning ride is very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after the coffee break. There are usually a few people riding to coffee only, so you can be sure of some company on the return journey.
- A longer ride will be led by Bob Tinley (024 7654 2676, 077 1783 3565) to:
- Ullesthorpe, Palmers Garden Centre (SP 518 869) for coffee at 18-miles,
- Kelmarsh, World Peace Cafe (SP 734 788) for lunch at 37-miles,
- Catthorpe, Manor Farm (SP 551 781) for tea at 52-miles and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 69-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps
View the route in BikeHike. Includes route download facility.
Rugby Sunday 23rd April
Ride meets at Birdingbury War Memorial (SP 432 682) ready to leave at 1000hrs. The route for the rest of the day will be decided before setting out.
For more details, please contact Avril Eyre (01788 573322) or Bob Hastings (01788 890657).
Coventry Tuesday 25th April
Meeting point: Brinklow, Pumpkins (SP 435 794) at 1045hrs. This is a change from the advertised meeting point because The Wood Farm Brewery has now closed.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Ullesthorpe, Palmers Garden Centre (SP 518 869).
- It will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 26th April
Ride meets at Newbold Church (SP 487 772) at 0930hrs.
- The ride will visit Caffe Crema, near Claybrooke Parva (SP 484 874) for coffee and
- Shearsby, Chandlers Arms (SP 623 908) for lunch.
For more details, please contact Andy (07964 798758).
Links to other local clubs
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every
Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker.