CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby rides for the week beginning Sunday 28th May 2017
view in browser
Paul Whitehead is organising a cycle camping weekend in August 2017 towards The Malverns. The tour will start on Friday 4th August and finish on Sunday 6th August. Final details will be available later.
Please let Paul know if you want to join the tour by e-mailing email@example.com, or telephone 02476407190.
Coventry Sunday 28th MayRides meet at the Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride will be led by Carl Lewis (024 7626 7385, 077 6784 7573) to Draycote Water (SP 453 815) and back to War Memorial Park.
- Anyone fancying a slightly faster morning ride is very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after the coffee break. There are usually a few people riding to coffee only, so you can be sure of some company on the return journey.
- A longer ride will be led by Paul Whitehead (024 7640 7190, 077 4781 3378) to:
- Long Itchington, Long Itch Diner (SP 418 644) after 14-miles for coffee,
- Upper Brailes, The Gate (SP 305 399) after 41-miles for lunch ,
- Wellesbourne, Touchdown Café (SP 262 549) after 55-miles for tea and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 76-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps
View the route in BikeHike
Rugby Sunday 28th May
Ride meets at Clifton Church (SP 531 764) ready to leave at 1000hrs. The route for the rest of the day will be decided before setting out.
For more details, please contact Avril Eyre (01788 573322) or Bob Hastings (01788 890657).
Coventry Tuesday 30th May
Meeting point: Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Wellesbourne, Touchdown Café (SP 262 549).
- It will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 31st May
Ride meets at Newbold Church (SP 487 772) at 0930hrs.
- The ride will visit Countesthorpe Garden Centre (SP 589 959) for coffee and
- Clipston, The Bull's Head (SP 712 818) for lunch.
For more details, please contact Ed Baughan (01788 567682).
Links to other local clubs
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every
Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker.