CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby Rides for the week beginning Sunday 30th October 2016
- The next Tuesday night slide shows will be on Tuesday 1st November at 2000hrs at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry with a show by Alan Jelley & Katya Zhdanovich entitled "Journey to Belarus".
A list of slide shows and presenters is available here. You will notice that there are a few spaces in the timetable - if you have pictures you would like to share with us one evening, please let Dave Hearn know at email@example.com. We can provide a laptop and projector, so all you need is a usb stick, or DVD with your pictures on.
- At the Annual General Meeting the existing committee was returned unchanged, except that we welcome Alan Jelley as Registration Officer and Robert Perkins as Auditor (not a committee post).
By a vote of 6 to 4 and 4 abstentions, the meeting voted to retain our existing name, CTC Coventry, for our local group within the new brand of the CTC called Cycling UK.
We also welcome Ross Spall from Rubgy CTC to join the CTC Coventry Committee.
- We now have 12 people booked onto Mike Thomas's Tour to Normandy in May 2017. If you are interested in joining us on this tour, please contact Mike on 02476 692792 or firstname.lastname@example.org and he will add your name to a waiting list, in case any places become available.
CTC Coventry Sunday Rides 30th October
Rides leave War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
View the weather forecast
- Please remember that the clocks go back 1-hour this Saturday night.
- An easy paced ride will be led by Carl Lewis (024 7626 7385, 077 6784 7573) to Draycote Water (SP 453 815) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer flexible ride will be led by Mike Thomas (024 7669 2792, 079 2903 8398). Riders are welcome to join, or leave, the ride at any stage during the day. There are usually some riders returning after coffee, so there should be company back to Coventry. The full ride is:
With the darker evenings drawing in rapidly now, please be prepared by carrying lights. Also, when riding in a group we should never ride more than two abreast, we should keep towards the left of the road and minimise any obstruction to other road users on narrow lanes.
- Draycote Water (SP 453 815) for coffee at 14-miles,
- Daventry, Roso's Café Bar (SP 572 624) for lunch at 28-miles,
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 50-miles.
CTC Rugby Sunday Ride 30th October
Ride meets at Clifton Church (SP 531 764) at 0930hrs.
- Elevenses will be at Cosby, Granny Smith's (SP 548 946), where the route for the rest of the day will be decided.
CTC Coventry Tuesday Ride 1st November
Ride meets at Warwick, The Tuckery (SP 281 649) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs going to Illshaw Heath, The Stables (SP 131 746) for lunch and
- Return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group for home when convenient.
CTC Rugby Wednesday Ride 2nd November
Ride meets at Newbold Church (SP 487 772) at 0930hrs.
- Elevenses at Sapcote Garden Centre (SP 483 935) and
- Lunch at Kilworth Springs Golf Club (SP 613 827).
Please contact Peter Whittle (01455 557213) for more details.
Links to other local clubs
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every Saturday. Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker. Get more details here http://www.vista.org.uk/
If you no longer wish to receive this message, please reply to this e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject.