CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby rides for the week beginning Sunday 26th February 2017
view in browser
- The next Tuesday night slide show will be on Tuesday 7th March at 2000hrs at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street Coventry with a show by Charles and Diana Hutchinson entitled "Heading home from New Zealand" about their cycling adventure, visiting 10 countries in 6 months.
A full list of slide shows and presenters is available here.
Alan Jelley is organising a tour in September 2017 to The Isle of Wight. The tour will start on Thursday 14th September in Winchester and finish on Thursday 21st September in Salisbury. There is an option of starting from Coventry on Tuesday 12th September and finishing in Coventry on Saturday 23rd September.
Numbers are limited to eight on the tour: to join the tour please contact Alan Jelley at email@example.com, or telephone 07523 243958.
Coventry Sunday 26th February
Rides leave War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride up to 30-miles long will be led by Bob Tinley (024 7654 2676, 077 1783 3565) to Knowle, Wyndley Garden Centre (SP 183 758) and back to Memorial Park.
- Anyone fancying a slightly faster morning ride is very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after the coffee break. There are usually a few people riding to coffee only, so you can be sure of some company on the return journey.
- A longer ride will be led by Mike Thomas (024 7669 2792, 079 2903 8398) to:
- Warwick, The Tuckery (SP 281 649) for coffee at 9-miles,
- Kineton, Coffee Shop (SP 337 512) for lunch at 22-miles,
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 45-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps
View the route in BikeHike
Rugby Sunday 26th February
Ride meets at Birdingbury War Memorial (SP 432 682) ready to leave at 1000hrs.
- The ride will go to Warwick, Portuguese Café (SP 290 653) for coffee where the route for the rest of the day will be decided.
For more details, please contact Avril Eyre (01788 573322) or Bob Hastings (01788 890657).
Coventry Tuesday 28th February
Meeting point: Meriden, Berrifields Farm Shop (SP 245 814) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Kingsbury Water Park, Old Barn Café (SP 203 970).
- It will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 1st March
Ride meets at Newbold Church (SP 487 772) ready to leave at 0930hrs.
- The ride will go to Brandon Marsh, Badgers Tearoom (SP 386 759)
for coffee and
- Hunningham, Hill Top Farm Café (SP 276 671) for lunch.
For more details, please contact Ross Spall (07773 658869).
Links to other local clubs
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every
Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker.