CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby Rides for the week beginning Sunday 2nd October 2016
- This year's programme of Tuesday night slide shows will begin on Tuesday 4th October at 200hrs at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry with a show by Dave Hearn entitled "A nice place to Settle.", about his cycle tour in Yorkshire.
A list of slide shows and presenters is available here. You will notice that there are a few spaces in the timetable - if you have pictures you would like to share with us one evening, please let Dave Hearn know at email@example.com. We can provide a laptop and projector, so all you need is a usb stick, or DVD with your pictures on.
- The Annual General Meeting will be held on 21st October 2016 at 2000hrs at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry CV1 4AN. There will be welcoming tea and biscuits from 1930hrs.
- Mike Thomas is planning a CTC Coventry Group tour to Normandy in May 2017. The basic plan is to sail from Portsmouth to Caen, enjoy 7 or 8 days cycling ending in Cherbourg, then return to Portsmouth, which is easy to get to by bike, rail, or car and makes a linear route possible.
Accommodation will be in 2-3 star hotels or guest houses, and the maximum daily distance will be 50-miles. Normandy is a popular cycling region with a mix of scenery, culture and cuisine. To the French Normandy is the land of Camembert, Calvados, cider and seafood.
Some visits to WW2 sites will be included and we’ll cycle through The Suisse Normandy, the Vire Valley, and the Parc Naturel Regional de Normande-Maine in the centre of the Region.
Numbers will be limited to a maximum of 10 riders. If you are interested in this tour, please contact Mike on 02476 692792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTC Coventry Sunday Ride 2nd October
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride will be led by Carl Lewis (024 7626 7385, 077 6784 7573) to Hunningham, Hill Top Farm Café (SP 276 671) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by George Riches (024 7645 2437, 077 4986 7516) to
- Lutterworth, Morrisons (SP 543 847) for coffee at 21-miles, going via Brinklow and returning to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 42-miles, going via Monks Kirby.
CTC Coventry Tuesday Ride 4th October
Ride meets at Brandon Marsh, Badgers Tearoom (SP 386 759) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs going to Staverton, Sky Lark Fields (SP 531 612) for lunch and
- Return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group for home when convenient.
CTC Rugby Wednesday Ride 5th October
Ride meets at Yelvertoft Village Hall (SP 594 758) at 0930hrs.
- Coffee at Ullesthorpe, Palmers Garden Centre (SP 518 869) and
- Lunch at Withybrook.
Links to other local clubs
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every Saturday. Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker. Get more details here http://www.vista.org.uk/
If you no longer wish to receive this message, please reply to this e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject.