CTC Coventry & CTC Rugby rides for the week beginning Sunday 11th December 2016
view in browser
- The next Tuesday night slide show will be on Tuesday 20th December at 2000hrs at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street Coventry with a show by Peter Milton entitled "Baltic touring", about his recent tour to Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania.
A full list of slide shows and presenters is available here.
- The Club Christmas Dinner will be held at Time for Tea in Kenilworth at 1630hrs on Sunday 18th December. Bookings are being managed by Dave Hearn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 024 7667 0048.
Coventry Sunday 11th December
Rides leave War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride will be led by Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to Blooms Garden Centre, Bourton-on-Dunsmore (SP 447 719) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by George Riches (024 7645 2437, 077 4986 7516) to:
- Willoughby, The Pantry (SP 524 673) for coffee after 25 miles via Wolston and Napton and return to
- Memorial Park after a total of 44 miles via Grandborough and Hunningham.
View the route with Open Street Maps
View the route in BikeHike. (Download available)
Rugby Sunday 11th December
Ride meets at Newbold Church (SP 487 772) at 0930hrs.
- Elevenses will be at Barnacle, Hill Top Garden Centre (SP 387 840), where the route for the rest of the day will be decided.
For more details, please contact Avril Eyre (01788 573322) or Bob Hastings (01788 890657).
Coventry Tuesday 13th December
Meeting point: Balsall Common, Oaks Farm Café (SP 230 764) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Illshaw Heath, The Stables (SP 131 746).
- It will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 14th December
Ride meets at Yelvertoft Village Hall (SP 594 758) at 0930hrs.
- The ride will visit Church Brampton, Stables Café (SP 718 660) for coffee and
- Nether Heyford, The Olde Sun (SP 661 587) for lunch.
For more details, please contact Allan Winters (01788 822966).
Links to other local clubs
- Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs every
Get full details of the ride here
- Vista is a Club for visually impared and sighted cyclists based in Earlsdon. They are always pleased to hear from sighted people who will volunteer to pilot one of their tandems with a blind stoker.