CTC Coventry Rides for the week beginning Sunday 29th November 2015
- The next Winter Clubroom will be on Tuesday 1st December at 2000hrs at The Friends Meeting house, Hill Street, Coventry. Jill & Peter Seamen will present a show entitled "Corsica inside out" about their walking and cycling experiences there.
- Our Christmas Dinner will be held on Sunday 13th December at 1630hrs at "Time for Tea" in Kenilworth. The cost will be £18 for a classic Christmas Dinner, although some menu variations are available. Please book your seat by getting in touch with David Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216, Dave@MargaretHearn.plus.com)
- Help needed: The Club has a couple of 8mm cine films dating back to the 1950's. It is possible that they are already too fragile to be viewed. Being optimistic, we are hoping that someone in the Club has the facility for checking the integrity of the films and might even be able to convert them to DVD. We will, of course be happy to pay for any processing and ask that you reply to this e-mail if you are able to help.
Sunday 29th November
Rides leave War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
View the weather forecast
- An easy paced ride will be led by Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to Meriden, Berrifields Farm Shop (SP 245 814) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Paul Whitehead (077 4781 3378) to:
- Draycote Water (SP 453 815) for coffee at 17-miles,
- Wardington, Hare and Hounds (SP 491 469) for lunch at 38-miles and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park at 72-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps
View the route in BikeHike
Tuesday 1st December
Ride meets at Knowle, Wyndley Garden Centre (SP 183 758) at 1045hrs.
The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs going to Illshaw Heath, The Stables (SP 130 747) for lunch and return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group for home when convenient.
Wednesday 2nd December (CTC Rugby)
Ride meets at Newbold Church at 0930, coffee at Ullesthorpe and lunch at Shearsby.
Please contact Ross Spall (07773 658869) for more details.
Earlsdon Wheelers meet at The City Arms (SP 320 780) at 0930hrs Get full details of the ride here
If you no longer wish to receive this message, please reply to this e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject.